- Monday, June 3 - ARTlanta Jam Session - 7pm, Stained Gallery (1719 Sayers St). Weekly live band and performances, art, free entry until 9. https://www.facebook.com/events/1790704664368979
- Saturday, June 8 - WAWA Walk with a Doc - 9am, Lionel Hampton Trail (390 Willis Mill Road) Free, registration required. Weekly walk with health professionals, ask questions while getting fit. https://wawa-online.eventbrite.com
- Saturday, June 8 - WAWA Service Saturdays - 10am, Outdoor Activity Center (1442 Richland Rd SW) Free, registration required. Provides the opportunity for youth 10 years and older to participate in meaningful activities encouraging conservation, stewardship and experiential learning. https://wawa-online.eventbrite.com
- Sunday, June 9 - NPU-S Executive Committee and Team meetings - assorted times, Metropolitan Library, conference room C. All are welcome to attend:
- 3:00 pm, Assistant Services Team - covering education, senior services, and related topics. Administers the senior lawncare program. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 3:15 pm, Quality of Life Team - covering public safety and human development, arts and recreation, and environmental issues. For more information contact email@example.com
- 4:45, Executive Committee - reviews and updates the upcoming public meeting agenda, sets NPU policy. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wednesday, June 5 - R.E.V.I.V.E. Expo - Georgia World Congress Center (285 Andrew Young International Blvd NW). The purpose of the R.E.V.I.V.E Business Expo is to educate prime, minority, female and small businesses on how to do business with the City of Atlanta and to inform the vendor community of future contracting opportunities as it relates to various agencies' procurements. To register as an attendee or exhibitor: https://web.atlantaga.gov/vendorexpo/
- Wednesday, June 5 - NPU-R Meeting - 7pm, Adams Park Recreation Center (1620 Delowe Dr). Covers the neighborhoods of Adams Park, Campbellton Road, Fort Valley, Greenbriar, Laurens Valley, Pamona Park, and Southwest.
- Saturday, June 8 - Fight Against Blight Educational Symposium and Scrap Tire Drive - C.T. Martin Recreation Center (3201 MLK Jr Dr). Symposium will focus on educating communities on how to identify city of Atlanta Code violations and how to assist city departments in effectively combating blight. The discussions will include the affect blight has on our community as well as how neighborhoods are transforming vacancy and abandonment to viable productive properties. For more information, contact the Office of the City Solicitor at 404-658-6618. Residents are also encouraged to bring scrap tires to the event for proper disposal.
If you have any local events that you'd like to see on the NPU-S calendar, please send email to email@example.com. Please be sure to include the date, time, and location of your event!