- None this week - Happy Holidays!
NPU-S Calendar of Events: December 21 - 27
NPU-S meeting this Thursday Dec 17, 7pm
The NPU-S General Meeting will be held this Thursday, December 17th, at 7pm.
As usual, our meeting is being held over Google Meet. Attendees should register beforehand! If you do not register then we cannot count your attendance or verify your identity on voting matters.
This month there are no voting matters, but there is one presentation of a proposed subdivision at 1055 Westmont, SD-20-18. You can find out more information about this subdivision at http://www.npu-s.org/2020/12/monday-127-community-meeting.html
As always, representatives from the police, code enforcement, public works, and other City departments will call in to give reports, and we'll discuss NPU and community programs for our constituents. Come on out!
To register, either register online at http://bit.ly/NPUS-Meeting-Register, or call (770) 744-5311 and leave a message with a way for us to reach you.
Agenda, minutes, and supporting documents can be found on http://bit.ly/NPUS-Meeting-Docs
To attend the meeting:
- By videoconference, go to http://bit.ly/NPUS-Room-A
- By phone, call (515) 599-7285 and enter PIN: 480 291 570#
Looking for canvassers for Oakland City area
From our neighborhood partners at Oakland City Community Organization:
The runoff elections on January 5th are quickly approaching, and as a neighborhood, we want to keep the momentum going! While voter turnout in November increased from previous years, as a neighborhood we can do better. To that end, we are looking for volunteers to canvas the neighborhood (we can break it down into streets), and place flyers on mailboxes.
If you are interested in this initiative, please email Adriana at firstname.lastname@example.org
NPU-S Calendar of Events: December 14 - 20
- Monday, December 14 - Beecher Hills Community Meeting - 7pm, Zoom. Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/96697956397, Meeting ID: 966 9795 6397. Dial-In: 646-558-8656, access code: 96697956397#.
- Tuesday, December 15 - Beecher-Donnelly Community Association Meeting - 7pm.
- Thursday, December 17 - NPU-S General Meeting, 7pm, Google Hangout. Join Hangout from a web browser: https://meet.google.com/rbh-ptwd-efj or by phone: One tap mobile, or call +1 515-599-7285 PIN: 480 291 570#.
- Saturday, December 19 - OCCO Community Cleanup - 9am, Rev. James Orange Park. Contact Carissa Zedaker at email@example.com for more information.
- Saturday, December 19 - Westridge-Sandtown Community Organization Meeting - 10am, Google Hangout. Join Hangout from a web browser: https://meet.google.com/oig-rtct-yhd or by phone: One tap mobile, or call +1 747-202-2723 PIN: 942 081 556#
- Saturday, December 19 - Cascade Ave Neighborhood Organization (CANO) meeting - 5pm, Zoom. Join Zoom Meeting Online: https://zoom.us/j/97987226201. Dial-in Number: +1 646-558-8656, Meeting ID: 979 8722 6201, Access Code: 97987226201#. Monthly on the fourth Thursday (usually).
- Saturday, December 19 - Lorenzo Drive Neighborhood Block Association Meeting - 5pm.
- Monday, December 14 - NPU-V Monthly Meeting - 7pm, Zoom. https://zoom.us/j/99211320112, Meeting ID: 992 1132 0112; Dial-In 646-558-8656, access code 99211320112#
NPU-V comprises the neighborhoods of
- Adair Park
- Capitol Gateway
- Wednesday, December 16 - NPU-I, 7pm, Zoom. To join the remote meeting, click here. Dial-In: 301-715-8592, access code, 92613332610#. Meeting ID: 926 1333 2610 Passcode: 905252. NPU I is comprised of the neighborhoods of:
- Audobon Forest
- Audobon Forest West
- Beecher Hills
- Cascade Heights
- Chalet Woods
- Collier Heights
- East Ardley Road
- Florida Heights
- Green Acres Valley
- Green Forest Acres
- Harland Terrace
- Horseshoe Community
- Ivan Hill
- Magnum Manor
- Peyton Forest
- West Manor
- Saturday, December 19 - APAB General Meeting, 10am, Zoom. Register in advance for this meeting: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJAqfuyvqz4sE9aRG-HDEoLldjZtzVXF4uuK. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. Dial-In: 646-558-8656, access code, 947 9575 5692#
Grant Opportunities for Black/African American Restaurants and Food Service Operators
From the Urban League of Greater Atlanta:
Grant Opportunities Available
Calling All Black/African American Restaurants and Food Service Operators
We are extremely excited to announce a new partnership that the National Urban League has forged with the PepsiCo Foundation to assist Black / African American restaurants and food service operators.
A feature of this new partnership is that we will be able to offer equity grants to a select group of Black / African American restaurant owners and food service operators that participate in the training and technical assistance initiative that we will be executing pursuant to this new partnership.
We are doing a survey to show the impact and need in the Atlanta market.
Please take the survey to tell us about your business.
United Way Housing Assistance - Dec 31 Deadline
The federal funds may be used to cover past due rent, utilities, mortgage and security deposits as a result of impending eviction. To apply, go to https://relief.uwga.org or call 211.
NPU-S Calendar of Events: December 7 - 13
- Monday, December 7th - Discussion: Subdivision at 1055 Westmont Road (SD-20-018) - 7pm, Google Meet (http://bit.ly/NPUS-Room-A). This is to discuss the proposed subdivision of the 4 acres at 1055 Westmont into 13 parcels with a cul-de-sac. The developer will be there to present their project and to engage with community feedback. Application (PDF) and Supporting Documents (PDF).
- Tuesday, December 8 - Graymont Drive Neighborhood Association - 6:30pm, Phone. Dial +1-978-990-5490, Access Code 182 9403#.
- Saturday, December 12 - WAWA: Service Saturdays - 10am, Outdoor Activity Center (1442 Richland Rd SW). Registration required: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/wawas-service-saturday-tickets-53068795195 Phone: 404-752-5385
- Saturday, December 12 - Bush Mountain Community Organization Meeting - 2pm, Zoom. Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86536091337?pwd=VjdmYWNiU1ZWeGxobnM5N05GSktlUT09.
- Meeting ID: 881 1598 3660
- Password: 544812
- One tap mobile, or call +1-646-558-8656
- Sunday, December 13 - NPU-S Executive Committee meeting - 4:45pm, Google Hangout. This is the Executive Committee meeting. Join Hangout from a web browser: https://meet.google.com/hyk-sqxs-fya or by phone: One tap mobile, or call +1 628-400-8610 PIN: 455 206 767#
- Wednesday, December 9 - NPU-T, 7pm, Zoom. https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZwsf-qgpj8jHdwlwLTAaKW5F6HpwWNiTO_h, Meeting ID: 881 8388 4978, Password: 144796, or call +1-646-558-8656,,88183884978#. NPU-T comprises the neighborhoods of:
- Ashview Heights
- Atlanta University Center
- Harris Chiles
- Just Us
- The Villages at Castleberry Hill
- West End
Monday 12/7 Community Meeting: Subdivision of Property at 1055 Westmont Rd, New Housing
On NPU-S's agenda for December is SD-20-18, a proposal to subdivide several large parcels into 13 separate lots. These new properties, zoned for single family residences, would be in the area between Orlando Place and Westmont Rd. The proposed subdivision is highlighted in pink in the illustration.
Subdivisions are not subject to a vote by the NPU; they are for review and comment only. However, the developers have graciously agreed to meet with members of the community beforehand to give a presentation and discuss the project.
This meeting will be held on Monday, December 7, at 7pm, via Google Meet.
- For videoconference go to http://bit.ly/NPUS-Room-A
- For telephone, call 515-599-7285 PIN: 480 291 570#.
The associated documents can be found in the NPU-S shared meeting drive, http://bit.ly/NPUS-Meeting-Docs. If you have any questions or concerns, you can email Nick Hess at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at (404) 890 0089.