- Monday, September 23 - ARTlanta OPEN Mondays - 7pm, Stained Gallery (1719 Sayers St SW). Open mic & networking event for musicians to showcase their talents and mix & mingle with their peers within the art and music community.
- Tuesday, September 24 - Oakland City Community Organization - 6:30pm, Reverend James Orange Recreation Center (1305 Oakland Dr). More information at https://www.occoatl.org/
- Thursday, September 26 - Cascade Avenue Neighborhood Organization - 7pm, Fire Station 14 (1203 Lee St.). Covers south of Beecher to north of Avon, from Cascade Heights to Westmont. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Saturday, September 28 - WAWA Walk with a Doc - 9am, Lionel Hampton Trail (390 Willis Mill Road). Free, registration required. Weekly walk with health professionals, ask questions while getting fit. https://wawa-online.eventbrite.com
- Tuesday, September 24 - Film: "Suppressed: The Fight to Vote" - 7pm, Auburn Avenue Research Library (101 Auburn Ave NE). The Auburn Avenue Research Library, in collaboration with Brave New Films, will host a screening of Suppressed: The Fight to Vote by Robert Greenwald. In Suppressed: The Fight to Vote, Brave New Films weaves together personal stories, from American voters, that vividly paints a disturbing picture of recent systemic voter suppression, that disproportionately affected communities of color. This film examines the historical context and contemporary relevance Voter suppression experienced by millions of Americans via voter roll purges, poll closures, missing absentee ballots, and strict voter ID. This event is free and open to the public.
- Wednesday, September 25 - Fort Mac LRA Community Engagement Subcommittee Meeting - 5:30pm, Ft. McPherson LRA Office (1794 Walker Ave). http://fortmaclra.com/community/
- Sunday, September 29 - Atlanta Streets Alive - Southwest - 2:30pm, Cascade Ave & Donnelly St. From the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition: "From 2:30 pm - 6:30 pm, the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition activates Atlanta Streets Alive - Southwest, connecting 7 neighborhoods spanning from Cascade Avenue along Ralph David Abernathy Boulevard to Georgia Avenue. We'll close the streets to cars and open them for people to walk, roll, bike, and play!" For more information, see https://www.atlantastreetsalive.com/southwest.
If you have any local events that you'd like to see on the NPU-S calendar, please send email to email@example.com. Please be sure to include the date, time, and location of your event!