As usual, our meeting is being held over Google Meet. Attendees should register beforehand! If you do not register then we cannot count your attendance or verify your identity on voting matters.
We have three votes this month:
- First off, we're holding a retention election of the current officers for NPU-S. We've just updated our bylaws to add this election, in order to square our two-year officer terms with the City's requirement that elections be held every year; you can read more about that effort at http://www.npu-s.org/2020/10/called-meeting-on-npu-s-election-bylaws.html. Note that unlike bylaw votes, officer elections are restricted to voting members, defined as NPU-S residents and property owners over 18 who have attended three or more meetings in the past year.
- Second, Z-20-69. This is a proposed city ordinance that bans Short-Term Rentals (aka Airbnb and their kind) from single family residential areas. We have held two separate public meetings on this ordinance; initial notes can be found at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CFhs4yEsf4wjEO9i0TQEP2nVffK1_24b/view?usp=sharing. The recommendations of that committee, along with the ordinance itself, will be presented to the Body for a vote. Be aware that debate will be tightly managed on this topic! STRs are a controversial topic, which is why we held the other meetings - we will not let our meeting become consumed by this one issue.
- Last but not least, Z-20-70. This defines 'discount variety store' and prohibits it as a permissible primary use in the Cascade Heights Neighborhood Commercial District.
As always, there will be representatives from the police, code enforcement, public works, and other City departments call in to give reports, and discuss NPU and community programs for our constituents. Come on out!
To register, either register online at http://bit.ly/NPUS-Meeting-Register, or call (770) 744-5311 and leave a message with a way for us to reach you.
Agenda, minutes, and supporting documents can be found on http://bit.ly/NPUS-Meeting-Docs
To attend the meeting:
- By videoconference, go to http://bit.ly/NPUS-Room-A
- By phone, call (515) 599-7285 and enter PIN: 480 291 570#