From the Atlanta Beltline Partnership:
Are you facing eviction from your rental or extended-stay, or having trouble with mortgage payments? Please join Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation, Atlanta Legal Aid, Atlanta BeltLine Partnership, and the City of Atlanta on Wednesday, May 6, 6:00-7:30 pm for a free virtual workshop designed to provide information and identify resources available to you during the COVID-19 pandemic. Welcoming remarks will be made by the City of Atlanta's Chief Housing Officer Terri Lee.
In this workshop you will learn:
Click here to register. For more information, visit BeltLine.org/empower or call 404-446-4404.
- Existing legal protections for tenants in Georgia.
- Your right to the eviction process
- Protections for tenants living in extended-stay hotels/motels
- What to do if you are served with an eviction
- Added protections under the federal CARES Act.
- Eviction moratorium for tenants
- CARES Act Forbearance: what it means, who is eligible, how to request assistance
- Options after the forbearance ends
- Mortgage foreclosure moratorium for homeowners
- Where to look for help
- How to know whether your landlord/property or mortgage is covered by the CARES Act
- Other loss mitigation/foreclosure prevention options for those who cannot get a CARES Act forbearance
- Where to find sample answer forms, legal advice, and legal representation
- Where to find rental assistance
- Avoiding scams
Our 2020 Home Empowerment workshop series is generously sponsored by Wells Fargo and Bank of America.
Due to COVID-19, this workshop will be hosted virtually. Please register to receive more information on how to join us for this free workshop. To answer as many questions as possible, we will be asking for questions to be submitted ahead of the workshop during the registration process.