- Monday, October 14 - ARTlanta OPEN Mondays - 7pm, Stained Gallery (1719 Sayers St SW). Open mic & networking event for musicians to showcase their talents and mix & mingle with their peers within the art and music community.
- Monday, October 14 - UGC - Indigenous People's Day Cinema - 7:15pm, The Bakery (825 Warner St SW). "Empty Metal", an award winning politically radical film by Adam Khalil (Ojibway) and Bayley Sweitzer. Opening the film will be a 17 min documentary by native filmmaker Sky Hopinka about Standing Rock called "Dislocation Blues". The event will start with a brief land recognition ceremony and will conclude with a conversation organized by atlanta based Chicanx activists. Unicorn Gardens Cinema is an Outdoor Film Series at The Bakery Atlanta featuring mostly local, always independent filmmakers. More information at https://www.facebook.com/events/2268509976745354/
- Tuesday, October 15 - Special Election Runoff - 7am - 7pm, your polling place (see: https://www.mvp.sos.ga.gov). Special Election Runoff for Atlanta Board of Education District 2 and Fulton County Commission District 6.
- Tuesday, October 15 - Beecher-Donnelly Community Association - 7pm, West End Family Life & Community Center (1191 Donnelly Ave SW). Covers the area between Oakland Drive and Cascade, from Richland to Donnelly.
- Thursday, October 17 - NPU-S General Meeting - 7pm, VICARS (838 Cascade Ave).
- Friday, October 18 - Opening Reception, "The IN-Between" - 6pm, The Bakery (825 Warner St SW). Through photography, performance, and sculpture "The IN-Between" pulls the audience through a journey of self with the artist. As a base for conversation, the installation will serve as a provocative platform to discuss the intersection of rape, queer culture, gender and the overlap and underlap that isn’t being discussed in our communities. Free to the Public. The IN-Between is part of Atlanta Celebrates Photography Annual Festival : https://festivalguide2019.acpinfo.org/listing/the-in-between/
- Saturday, October 19 - WAWA Walk with a Doc - 9am, Lionel Hampton Trail (390 Willis Mill Road). Free, registration required. Weekly walk with health professionals, ask questions while getting fit. https://wawa-online.eventbrite.com
- Saturday, October 19 - Westridge/Sandtown Venetian Hills Neighborhood Organization - 10am. Monthly meeting of WSCO, which operates over the entirety of Venetian Hills. Contact VenetianHillsPresident@gmail.com for more information.
- Saturday, October 19 - Community Street Festival - noon, Providence Missionary Baptist (2295 Benjamin E Mays Dr SW). Food, vendors, entertainment, live performances, games, jumpers, petting zoo, and much more!
- Monday, October 14 - NPU-V Meeting - 7pm, Fulton Atlanta Community Action Authority Resource Center (341 Kelly St SE). NPU-V encompasses the communities of Mechanicsville, Summerhill, Peoplestown, Pittsburgh, Adair Park, and Capitol Gateway.
- Tuesday, October 15 - C3 Advantage (Cops, Community and Conversation) Session - 7pm, Atlanta Habitat for Humanity (824 Memorial Dr SE). Quarterly community conversations for neighbors to engage in positive conversations with APD Leadership Institute members about safety, insights, and hot topics.
- Wednesday, October 16 - NPU-I Meeting - 7pm, CT Martin Natatorium and Recreation Center (3201 MLK Dr.). Covers the neighborhoods of Audubon Forest, Beecher Hills, Cascade Heights, Collier Heights, Florida Heights, Ivan Hill, Mangum Manor, Peyton Forest, West Manor, Westhaven, and Westwood Terrace.
- Saturday, October 19 - Fulton County HIV Church Summit - 8am, Shirley A. Massey Conference Center (830 Westview Dr SW). The HIV Church Summit will bring together church leaders and members from throughout Georgia and other areas of the South to discuss how this vital faith community can be a part of ending the HIV epidemic.
- Saturday, October 19 - Atlanta Planning Advisory Board General Meeting - 10am, Atlanta City Hall (55 Trinity Ave).
If you have any local events that you'd like to see on the NPU-S calendar, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the date, time, and location of your event!