From the ATL DOT:
- The City of Atlanta's Departments of Transportation and Watershed Management are working to deliver corridor improvements along approximately two (2) miles of Cascade Road/Avenue. Planned improvements include milling, resurfacing, restriping, sidewalks, traffic communications corridor signal upgrades, bus stop enhancements, streetscapes, extended bike lanes, pedestrian safety improvements, and relocation of hydrants, water main lines, sidewalk meter boxes, and street valve box adjustments.
- Cascade Road/Avenue SW from the City Limits to Willis Mill Road SW and Delowe Drive SW to Avon Avenue SW
Water line relocation from Cascade Avenue SW/Clearbrook Drive SW intersection to the Cascade Road SW/VeltreCircle SW intersection
- Target completion for the Cascade Road/Avenue Complete Street Phase I roadway improvements is Spring 2025.
DWM waterline relocation is scheduled to begin the week of September 26, 2022, with projected completion in the 4thquarter of 2022.
- ATLDOT crews continue clearing, erosion control, and utility relocation activities throughout the project limits.
- DWM will begin relocating water hydrants and approximately 500 linear feet of water main lines in the week of September 26th.
- There may be water service disruptions associated with the relocation work. Impacted property owners will be notified (i.e., robocall, door knock, door hanger, etc.) prior to anticipated disruptions.
- There are no anticipated road closures associated with the water line relocation work; however, intermittent lane closures with traffic control personnel may be required to accommodate the work. Traffic advisories will be posted to the DWM and ATLDOT websites and social media platforms.
- Start and completion windows for other utility relocations (gas, cable, power, telecommunications, etc.) will be dependent on each company's relocation work. Utility companies' current projectionsare for completion by the end of 2023.
- Upon completion of utility relocations, sidewalk installations, pedestrian safety improvements, and signal upgrades will take place in three (3) stages:
- Cascade Road/Avenue from Delowe Drive to Avon Avenue/Cascade Circle
- Cascade Road from TuckawannaDrive to Willis Mill Road Cascade Road from City Limits (West of Kingsdale Drive) to TuckawannaDrive
- Resurfacing of approximately 4.25 miles of Cascade Road/Avenue from the City Limits just west of Kingsdale Drive to Ralph David Abernathy Boulevard will take place upon completion of all other construction activities.