The City of Atlanta’s Departments of Transportation and Watershed Management are working to deliver corridor improvements along approximately two (2) miles of Cascade Road/Avenue. Planned improvements include milling, resurfacing, restriping, sidewalks, traffic communications corridor signal upgrades, bus stop enhancements, streetscapes, extended bike lanes, pedestrian safety improvements, and relocation of hydrants, water main lines, sidewalk meter boxes, and street valve box adjustments.
- Cascade Road/Avenue SW from the City Limits to Willis Mill Road SW and Delowe Drive SW to Avon Avenue SW
- Water line relocation from Cascade Avenue SW/Clearbrook Drive SW intersection to the Cascade Road SW/ Veltre Circle SW intersection
- Target completion for the Cascade Road/Avenue Complete Street Phase I roadway improvements is Spring 2025.
- DWM waterline relocation projected for completion in the 4th quarter of 2022.
- DWM began relocating water hydrants and approximately 500 linear feet of water main lines in the week of September 26th. With no unforeseen construction challenges, DWM utility relocation will be completed on schedule.
- There may be water service disruptions associated with the DWM relocation work. Impacted property owners will be notified (i.e., robocall, door knock, door hanger, etc.) prior to anticipated disruptions.
- Three (3) more utility relocations AGL, Bandwidth IG, and Zayo) are scheduled to begin in November 2022 .
- Start and completion windows for additional utility relocations will be dependent on each company’s relocation work. Utility companies’ current projections are for completion by the end of 2023.
- There are no anticipated road closures associated with the water line relocation work; however, intermittent lane closures with traffic control personnel may be required to accommodate the work. Traffic advisories will be posted to the DWM and ATLDOT websites and social media platforms.
- Upon completion of utility relocations, sidewalk installations, pedestrian safety improvements, and signal upgrades will take place in three (3) stages:
- Cascade Road/Avenue from Delowe Drive to Avon Avenue/Cascade Circle
- Cascade Road from Tuckawanna Drive to Willis Mill Road Cascade Road from City Limits (West of Kingsdale Drive) to Tuckawanna Drive
- Resurfacing of approximately 4.25 miles of Cascade Road/Avenue from the City Limits just west of Kingsdale Drive to Ralph David Abernathy Boulevard will take place upon completion of all other construction activities.
- Progress updates will be provided as construction stages are completed.
- Information about the Cascade Road/Avenue Complete Street project is available on the ATLDOT website at: https://atldot.atlantaga.gov/projects/cascade-rd-complete-street-ph-i and the DWM website at: https://www.atlantawatershed.org/dwm-projects/ and https://cleanwateratlanta.h2o4atl.com/.
- Stay engaged with ATLDOT and DWM on Twitter at @ATLDOT and @ATLWatershed. You can also visit the ATLDOT Facebook page, Instagram channel @ATL.DOT, and Nextdoor pages for more information.
Post a Comment