- Tuesday, July 30 - Fulton Fresh Market - 1pm, Outdoor Activity Center (1442 Richland Rd). Every week, attendees participate in a 30-minute UGA Extension SNAP-Ed nutrition education food demonstration and then are provided with a free bag of in-season produce from our mobile market.
- Saturday, August 3 - CANO Neighborhood Cleanup - 9am, Barbara McCoy Park (1640 Kenmore St)
- Saturday, August 3 - WAWA Walk with a Doc - 9am, Lionel Hampton Trail (390 Willis Mill Road) Free, registration required. Weekly walk with health professionals, ask questions while getting fit. https://wawa-online.eventbrite.com
- Wednesday, July 31 - 3rd Meeting - Committee for Promotion of Public Trust - 5:30pm, Atlanta City Hall (55 Trinity Ave SW) This will be the third (3rd) of four (4) public meetings of the City of Atlanta Task Force for the Promotion of Public Trust. This meeting will feature a guest speaker on best practices for promoting integrity in public agencies, including examples of programs implemented in other jurisdictions. In addition, there will be further briefings by City agencies concerning current processes. There will be an opportunity for public comment at this meeting.
- Friday, August 2 - "It Takes a Village" back-to-school giveaway - 4pm, Wolf Creek Library (3100 Enon Rd) Join Fulton County Commissioner Marvin Arrington for his 5th Annual District 5 It Takes a Village Back-To-School Drive on Friday, August 2, 2019 from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the Wolf Creek Library located at 3100 Enon Road, Atlanta, GA 30349. School supplies will be distributed, plus free hot dogs and popcorn. To RSVP via Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/5th-annual-it-takes-a-village-sw-tickets-54668500958
- Saturday, August 3 - Sustainability Impact Festival & Olympics - 11am, Frederick Douglass High School (225 Hamilton E Holmes Dr NW) Join Fulton County Commissioner Marvin S. Arrington, Jr. and the Frederick Douglass High School Alumni for the First Annual Sustainability Impact Festival & Olympics (SIFO) on Saturday, August 3, 2019, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Frederick Douglass High School located at 225 Hamilton E. Holmes Drive, NW, Atlanta, GA 30318, as we learn about sustainability efforts happening around Fulton County and the City of Atlanta. Be on site to explore sustainability programs that will help participants incorporate best practices in sustainable and healthy lifestyles.
- Saturday, August 3 - Back to School Jamboree - 12pm, The Mall West End (850 Oak St SW) STEM/STEAM Youth Talent Show! Youth Shark Tank!!! Celebrity Guests! Health Screenings! Prizes & More! Sponsored by The Mall West End, City Councilwoman Cleta Winslow, Women's Council of EBR. For more info contact Community Relations at email@example.com or call 404.219.6400
If you have any local events that you'd like to see on the NPU-S calendar, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the date, time, and location of your event!
Post a Comment