MARTA is preparing for the next major project in our ongoing Track Replacement program. In February 2023, we will replace the double crossover on our Red Line tracks north of Buckhead station. This will require suspending Red Line service south of Medical Center station.
The shutdown will last from 9 p.m. Friday, February 17, until the end of service Wednesday, February 22. Reduced frequency Red Line service to the Airport resumes Thursday, February 23. Full service will be restored Sunday, February 26.
Customers should allow up to 30 minutes of extra travel time. MARTA is planning to promote the following travel alternatives:
A virtual meeting will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday, January 10, 2023, to share more information about this project and answer any questions from our transit partners, business organizations, major employers, and other stakeholders. Click here to access the virtual meeting, or call 1-301-715-8592 and use webinar ID: 833 1276 1158.
- Local and express bus shuttles will serve Lenox, Buckhead, and Medical Center stations.
- The MARTA Connect program will provide $10 vouchers for Uber and Lyft rides to and from affected stations.
- MARTA Mobility paratransit service will be free between the affected stations.
- Customers who usually drive and park at northern Red Line stations will be encouraged to consider driving to Gold Line stations to minimize delays.
- Customers can use The Buc on-demand transportation service to reach destinations around its Buckhead service area during its weekday hours of operation (bucride.org).
Post a Comment