The City of Atlanta has launched an eviction diversion initiative, and nonprofit Star-C was recently awarded $2 million to provide rental assistance for Atlanta residents earning up to 60% of area median income. Star-C will host a webinar on Tuesday, 11/21 at 10am to discuss the initiative.
Atlanta Legal Aid will also be on to discuss their program, which is administering $26 million on behalf of Georgia Dept of Community Affairs and covers all five core counties. Event details and registration link are below. Feel free to share with colleagues, residents, etc.
City of Atlanta Eviction Diversion Webinar
- Date: Tuesday, 11/21
- Time: 10am-11am
- Venue: zoom webinar
- Mayor Andre Dickens, City of Atlanta
- Donell Woodson, Executive Director, Housing Help Center, *just opened*
- Grace Dinger Hinkel, Project Managing Attorney, Eviction Prevention Initiative, Atlanta Legal Aid *covers Cobb, Clayton, DeKalb, Fulton and Gwinnett**
- Crystal Redd, Co-Director, Safe & Stable Homes Project, AVLF
- Audrea Rease, Executive Director, Star-C