Coming up this week on the NPU-S calendar:
- Monday, April 8 - ARTlanta Jam Session - 7pm, Stained Gallery (1719 Sayers St). Weekly live band and performances, art, free entry until 9. https://www.facebook.com/events/1790704664368979
- Tuesday, April 9 - Graymont Drive Neighborhood Organization - 6:30pm, St. Peter's Missionary Baptist Church (1558 Venetian Dr). Monthly meeting of GDNA, which operates over Graymont, Elizabeth, Lockwood, and Westmont. Contact DionneMoore2015@gmail.com for more information.
- Saturday, April 13 - WAWA Walk with a Doc - 9am, Lionel Hampton Trail (390 Willis Mill Road) Free, registration required. Weekly walk with health professionals, ask questions while getting fit. https://wawa-online.eventbrite.com
- Saturday, April 13 - WAWA Service Saturdays - 10am, Outdoor Activity Center (1442 Richland Rd SW) Free, registration required. Provides the opportunity for youth 10 years and older to participate in meaningful activities encouraging conservation, stewardship and experiential learning. https://wawa-online.eventbrite.com
- Saturday, April 13 - Oakland City Community Association (Quarterly Special Meeting) -
6:30pm10am, Cathedral of Faith Church of God in Christ (1137 Avon Ave). More information at https://www.occoatl.org/
- Sunday, April 14 - NPU-S Executive Committee and Team meetings - assorted times, Metropolitan Library, conference room C. All are welcome to attend:
- 2:30 pm, Land Use Team - covering zoning, code enforcement, transportation, and related topics. For more information contact email@example.com.
- 3:00 pm, Assistant Services Team - covering education, senior services, and related topics. Administers the senior lawncare program. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 3:15 pm, Quality of Life Team - covering public safety and human development, arts and recreation, and environmental issues. For more information contact email@example.com
- 4:45, Executive Committee - reviews and updates the upcoming public meeting agenda, sets NPU policy. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday, April 8 - NPU-V Meeting - 7pm, Rick McDevitt Youth Center (1040 Crew Street
SW). NPU-V encompasses the communities of Mechanicsville, Summerhill, Peoplestown, Pittsburgh, Adair Park, and Capitol Gateway.
- Wednesday, April 10 - NPU-T Meeting - 7pm, Kipp Strive Academy (1444 Lucille Avenue SW). NPU-T encompasses the communities of Ashview Heights, Atlanta University Center, Harris Chiles, Just Us, Castleberry Hill, West End, and Westview.
If you have any local events that you'd like to see on the NPU-S calendar, please send email to email@example.com. Please be sure to include the date, time, and location of your event!