Coming up this week on the NPU-S calendar!
- Mon Mar 1 - Sun, Mar 7. Recycling Collected. Due to COVID-19 labor shortages, the Department of Public Works will pick up recycling and yard trimmings on alternating weeks, recycling one week, yard trimmings the other. This week is recycling.
Garbage will continue to be picked up every week.
- Wed Mar 3, 6:15pm. Zoning Committee meeting. GOOGLE MEETING INFORMATION:
Pin:942 081 556
The committee will hear from the presenter, Jay Jackson, RYSE Interactive, Inc., www.RYSECreativeVillage.com. RYSE is redeveloping the ols Arkwright Elementary campus, 1261 Lockwood Dr SW and will be seeking to rezone 2 parcels of land.
For the main school building parcel, they are seeking to rezone from R4 (single-family zoning) to MRC-2, Multifamily Residential, Commercial-2, which would allow for the intended use as a training and development incubator for the creative arts industry.
For parcel 2, address 0 Wichita Dr., SW, they are seeking to rezone from R4 TO RG4, General (multi-family) residential, maximum floor area ratio of 1.49. Floor area ratio is the number of square feet in a building divided by the square footage of the building lot. An FAR of 0.5, for example, represents a one-story building that covers half of its lot, a two-story building that covers one fourth of its lot, and so on. The maximum floor area ratio can be exceeded with bonuses in some districts.
The RG4 Zoning would allow for the construction of mixed-income, multifamily apartment homes.
Come prepared with your questions for a productive meeting. Some information attached.
For additional information, contact Karen Babino
- Sat Mar 6, 1:00pm. Policy Committee meeting. By video: meet.google.com/rbh-ptwd-efj. By phone: +1 515-599-7285 password 480291570. The Policy Committee researches and advises the NPU on policy issues and bylaws. For more information, contact Morgan Cooper at firstname.lastname@example.org
Events held around, nearby, or affecting NPU S.:
- Tue Mar 2, 11:00am. Rapid Employment Initiative Career Fair. Please join the Urban League of Greater Atlanta for our virtual/online careerfairs every Tuesday @ 11 am.
These interactive virtual events allow jobseekers to meet in a virtual environment using chat rooms, teleconferencing,webcasts, webinars and/or email to exchange information about job openings.
PLEASE JOIN THE CALL WITH AN ELECTRONIC COPYOF YOUR RESUME AND/OR YOUR EMPLOYMENT HISTORY.
Registration at https://bit.ly/33tcckt
- Wed Mar 3, 7:00pm. NPU-R. Remote: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83595037850
Meeting ID: 835 9503 7850
One tap mobile dial: +16465588656,,83595037850#
NPU R is comprised of the neighborhoods of
- Adams Park
- Campbellton Road
- Fort Valley
- Laurens Valley
- Pamond Park
City, County, State and other public meetings:
No events on calendarIf you have any local events that you'd like to see on the NPU-S calendar, please send email to email@example.com.Please be sure to include the date, time, and location of your event!