Coming up this week on the NPU-S calendar!
- Mon Feb 22, 7:00pm. Community Conversation on Crime. By video: meet.google.com/rbh-ptwd-efj. By phone: +1 515-599-7285 password 480291570. A followup to the Jan 7 crime meeting.
- Tue Feb 23, 6:30pm. Oakland City Community Organization (OCCO).
Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83039203137?pwd=TzlpVHppaHR2bEV1TlB3TWZMMzhsQT09
Meeting ID: 830 3920 3137
One tap mobile +13017158592,,83039203137#,,,,*30310#
Or dial: +1 301 715 8592
Enter Meeting ID: 830 3920 3137
Enter Passcode: 30310
- Thu Feb 25, 4:00pm. Police Canvas - Shirley Street murder.
Zone 4 officers and other units will be working with Homicide investigators in the area doing neighborhood canvas. The neighborhood canvas will include giving out information on the crime and who to contact with information. The police invite community members to join in the effort.
Community members would be is paring up with an officer and going door to door to speaking with residents. Some residents may not know about this incident and have a small piece of information that could assist the Homicide unit.
This will allow community members and the police to team up and work on this case. If you are interested in more information about helping, please feel free to email JCantin@atlantaga.gov
- Thu Feb 25, 7:00pm. Cascade Ave Neighborhood Organization (CANO) (Online). Join Zoom Meeting https://zoom.us/j/97987226201 Meeting ID: 979 8722 6201 Call In 312-626-6799, access code, 97987226201#
Events held around, nearby, or affecting NPU S.:
- Sun Feb 21, 4:00pm. Wren's Nest Book Talk: Todd Marcell.
Join The Wren's Nest for a FREE online discussion with author Todd Marcell about his book, How to be Cool. Each chapter in this book is specifically designed to address each of the challenges this generation of teens faces and equip them with the tools to make better decisions.
Register at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/book-talk-online-with-todd-marcell-tickets-136350087783
- Tue Feb 23, 11:00am. Rapid Employment Initiative Career Fair. Please join the Urban League of Greater Atlanta for our virtual/online careerfairs every Tuesday @ 11 am.
These interactive virtual events allow jobseekers to meet in a virtual environment using chat rooms, teleconferencing,webcasts, webinars and/or email to exchange information about job openings.
PLEASE JOIN THE CALL WITH AN ELECTRONIC COPYOF YOUR RESUME AND/OR YOUR EMPLOYMENT HISTORY.
Registration at https://bit.ly/33tcckt
City, County, State and other public meetings:
- Wed Feb 24, 5:30pm. MILRA CES Meeting . Ft.McPherson, LRA Office, 1794 Walker Avenue.
- Thu Feb 25, 6:00pm. APAB Public Safety Meeting.
Via Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 839 9331 0003
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,83993310003# US (Washington DC)
+13126266799,,83993310003# US (Chicago)
Topics & Areas of Interest:
APD No Chase Policy
Department of Public Safety & Wellness Resolution
Establishment of Alcohol Technical Advisory Group III
* Community Policing: A Look Ahead
* Housing: Evictions, Shelter, & Support Services
* Public Safety and Legal Administration Advisory Committee
* Public Safety and Legal Administration Sub-Committee
* ACRB | The Atlanta Citizen Review Board
* Pre-Arrest Diversion Expansion
* 911 Emergency Response
* Atlanta Police Reform
* Atlanta Police Use of Force & Policy Updates
* Atlanta City Jail Closure
* APD Zone Advisory Council
* Communications, Community Engagement & Emergency Management
* School Police, Truancy, Social Services, & Juvenile Justice
* Fire Rescue
* Code Enforcement
* Legal Administration (Courts, Policy, & Support Program)
* "Your suggested topic here.."