- Monday, August 5 - ARTlanta OPEN Mondays - 7pm, Stained Gallery (1719 Sayers St SW). Open mic & networking event for musicians to showcase their talents and mix & mingle with their peers within the art and music community. https://www.facebook.com/events/2901876193161936/
- Tuesday, August 6 - Fulton Fresh Market - 1pm, Outdoor Activity Center (1442 Richland Rd). Every week, attendees participate in a 30-minute UGA Extension SNAP-Ed nutrition education food demonstration and then are provided with a free bag of in-season produce from our mobile market.
- Tuesday, August 6 - National Night Out, Presented by CANO and Westridge/Sandtown - 6:00pm, Barbara McCoy Park (1640 Kenmore St) Food, fun, and friendly neighbors! https://www.facebook.com/events/477568749725897/
- Saturday, August 10 - WAWA Walk with a Doc - 9am, Lionel Hampton Trail (390 Willis Mill Road) Free, registration required. Weekly walk with health professionals, ask questions while getting fit. https://wawa-online.eventbrite.com
- Saturday, August 10 - WAWA Service Saturdays - 10am, Outdoor Activity Center (1442 Richland Rd SW) Free, registration required. Provides the opportunity for youth 10 years and older to participate in meaningful activities encouraging conservation, stewardship and experiential learning. https://wawa-online.eventbrite.com
- Saturday, August 10 - Bush Mountain Community Organization - 2pm, Outdoor Activity Center (1442 Richland Rd SW) For more information, contact Tavius Elder at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sunday, August 11 - NPU-S Executive Committee and Team meetings - assorted times, Metropolitan Library, conference room C. All are welcome to attend:
- 2:30 pm, Land Use Team - covering zoning, code enforcement, transportation, and related topics. For more information contact email@example.com.
- 3:00 pm, Assistant Services Team - covering education, senior services, and related topics. Administers the senior lawncare program. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 3:15 pm, Quality of Life Team - covering public safety and human development, arts and recreation, and environmental issues. For more information contact email@example.com
- 4:45 pm, Executive Committee - reviews and updates the upcoming public meeting agenda, sets NPU policy. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wednesday, August 7 - NPU-R Meeting - 7pm, Andrew & Walter Young Family YMCA (2220 Campbellton Rd SW) NPU-R encompasses the communities of Adams Park, Campbellton Road, Fort Valley, Greenbriar, Laurens Valley, Pamond Park, and Southwest
- Saturday, August 10 - Fulton County Sheriff's Office 9th Annual Homeless Initiative - 10am, Fulton County Civil Court (185 Central Ave SW) Sheriff's deputies are asking for donations of common household goods including soap, deodorant, washcloths, towels, and assorted toiletries to go to the homeless in our area. For additional info contact the Fulton County Sheriff's Office Community Outreach Section at 404-612-6624 or email@example.com
If you have any local events that you'd like to see on the NPU-S calendar, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the date, time, and location of your event!
Post a Comment