- Monday, October 21 - ARTlanta OPEN Mondays - 7pm, Stained Gallery (1719 Sayers St SW). Open mic & networking event for musicians to showcase their talents and mix & mingle with their peers within the art and music community.
- Tuesday, October 22 - Community Chat: APS Superintendent Search - 6:00pm, Tuskeegee Airmen Global Academy (1626 Westhaven Dr SW)
- Tuesday, October 22 - Oakland City Community Organization - 6:30pm, Reverend James Orange Recreation Center (1305 Oakland Dr). More information at https://www.occoatl.org/
- Thursday, October 24 - TAG Academy Meet the Principal - 8:30am, Tuskeegee Airmen Global Academy (1626 Westhaven Dr SW)
- Thursday, October 24 - Cascade Avenue Neighborhood Organization - 7pm, Fire Station 14 (1203 Lee St.). Covers south of Beecher to north of Avon, from Cascade Heights to Westmont. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Saturday, October 26 - WAWA Walk with a Doc - 9am, Lionel Hampton Trail (390 Willis Mill Road). Free, registration required. Weekly walk with health professionals, ask questions while getting fit. https://wawa-online.eventbrite.com
- Saturday October 26 - Westridge-Sandtown Community Organization Community Cleanup - 9am, Peggie Quick Pocket Park (Intersection of Sandtown Rd SW and Venetian Dr SW). Please join us as we spruce up our neighborhood park in preparation for the 2nd Annual Venetian Hills Candy Stop! We’ll just be doing some light cleaning to make sure everything looks good for Halloween! We look forward to seeing you! https://www.facebook.com/events/482875082439131/
- Wednesday, October 23 - Fort Mac LRA Community Engagement Subcommittee Meeting - 5:30pm, Ft. McPherson LRA Office (1794 Walker Ave). http://fortmaclra.com/community/
- Friday, October 25 - Census Bureau Job Fair & Community Hiring Expo - 10am, Elizabeth Baptist Church (4245 Cascade Rd). The U.S. Census Bureau is looking for help in getting Fulton counted. To do that, they are hosting a Census job fair in conjunction with WorkSource Fulton. The positions have flexible hours (ranging from 20 to 40 hours per week). You can work from home in positions that range from $14 - $24 an hour. Your Federal Benefits (SSI, SSN, Medicaid, Medicare, etc.) will not be impacted by Census payments. The US Census Bureau is a Second Chance Employer. Veterans are also encouraged to apply. For more details visit www.2020census.gov/jobs or call 1-855-JOB-2020
- Saturday, October 26 - Opening - "No Chaser" - 7pm, South Fulton Arts Center (4645 Butner Rd, College Park). NO CHASER is a nod to the classic 1967 Thelonious Monk album "Straight No Chaser”. Artist Darrien West was inspired by the upbeat pulse of this masterful jazz album and uses bold color and intricate patterning to convey his messages in striking visual form. http://www.fultonarts.org/index.php/art-centers/south-fulton-arts-center/calendar-south-fulton-arts-center?view=event&id=1508
- Sunday, October 27 - Live Music - Edwin Williams Experience - 4pm, Fulton County West End Performing Arts Center (945 Ralph David Abernathy Blvd)
If you have any local events that you'd like to see on the NPU-S calendar, please send email to email@example.com. Please be sure to include the date, time, and location of your event!