- All week - Early Voting: Special Election Runoff. Runoff elections for Board of Education District 2 and Fulton County Commission District 6. See the Municipal Clerk's website for times and locations.
- Monday, October 7 - ARTlanta OPEN Mondays - 7pm, Stained Gallery (1719 Sayers St SW). Open mic & networking event for musicians to showcase their talents and mix & mingle with their peers within the art and music community.
- Tuesday, October 8 - Graymont Drive Neighborhood Organization - 6:30pm, St. Peter's Missionary Baptist Church (1558 Venetian Dr). Monthly meeting of GDNA, which operates over Graymont, Elizabeth, Lockwood, and Westmont. Contact DionneMoore2015@gmail.com for more information.
- Thursday, October 10 - District 11 Quality of Life Town Hall, 6:30pm, Cascade United Methodist Church (3144 Cascade Rd SW). Please join Councilmember Marci Overstreet on October 10, 2019, as she hosts the Council District 11 Town Hall. Your participation is vital as residents want the opportunity to engage with top officials about the quality of life in our communities.
- Saturday, October 12 - WAWA Walk with a Doc - 9am, Lionel Hampton Trail (390 Willis Mill Road). Free, registration required. Weekly walk with health professionals, ask questions while getting fit. https://wawa-online.eventbrite.com
- Saturday, October 12 - WAWA Service Saturdays - 10am, Outdoor Activity Center (1442 Richland Rd SW) Free, registration required. Provides the opportunity for youth 10 years and older to participate in meaningful activities encouraging conservation, stewardship and experiential learning. https://wawa-online.eventbrite.com
- Saturday, October 12 - Bush Mountain Community Organization Meeting - 1pm, Outdoor Activity Center (1442 Richland Rd SW). For more information, contact Tavius Elder at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sunday, October 13 - NPU-S Executive Committee Meeting - 4:45 pm, Metropolitan Library, conference room C (1332 Metropolitan Pkwy SW). Reviews and updates the upcoming public meeting agenda, sets NPU policy. All are welcome to attend. There is a Google Hangout (join by phone at 628.400.8610, PIN: 455 206 767#) for those who cannot make it in person. For more information, contact email@example.com.
- Wednesday, October 9 - NPU-T Meeting - 7pm, Lee & White Community Room (1033 White St SW). NPU-T encompasses the communities of Ashview Heights, Atlanta University Center, Harris Chiles, Just Us, Castleberry Hill, West End, and Westview.
If you have any local events that you'd like to see on the NPU-S calendar, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the date, time, and location of your event!
Post a Comment