STUDENT ESSAY & FILM COMPETITION
Topic: Why My Unsung Hero Should Be Celebrated During Black History Month
Guidelines: Participants must be high school students that live in Fulton County. Unsung Hero should be a person who has made a significant contribution to black progress and American history in the following areas: Science, Law, or Education.
- Essays must be 1500 words and typed - Arial 12 pt font, double spaced, PDF format. No pictures of graphics.
- Films should be no more than 10 minutes. Content can include biographic sketch, spoken word, theatrical performance. Films should be submitted through YouTube URL or link.
- All entries should include your legal first and last name, home address, date of birth, and your high school.
- Essays and films are due by Friday, February 15, 2019.
- The winners will be announced and awarded monies at the 2019 Black History Film Festival Opening Reception, on Friday, February 22, 2019, at Wolf Creek Library. We will screen the documentary Maynard.
- Only one submission per student.
Please send submissions to Marvin.Arrington@FultonCountyGA.gov