Georgia Stand-Up is hosting its second National Transit Equity Week, including events at Oakland City and West End MARTA station. From GA Standup :
Many people in our community rely on transit every day; if you're concerned with making sure that it serves our interests, come on out!With all the exciting things going on with expanding transit in the metro Atlanta area over the next 30 years, now is the time to make sure our voices are heard and that we know:
- Transit Equity is important to our communities and economic development whether we choose to use public transit or not
- How Public Transit and global warming are connected
- Why public transit, clean air, and environmental justice are issues that negatively impact the quality of air and water for poor people and people of color disproportionately
- Why YOU should care about Transit Equity
- What you can do about holding our leaders accountable for more equitable outcomes for communities that need it most.