Coming up this week on the NPU-S calendar!
- Mon Apr 19 - Fri Apr 23. Yard Trimmings Collected. Due to COVID-19 labor shortages, the Department of Public Works will pick up recycling and yard trimmings on alternating weeks, recycling one week, yard trimmings the other. This week is yard trimmings.
Garbage will continue to be picked up every week.
- Tue Apr 20, 7:00pm. Beecher-Donnelly community association meeting. 1191 Donnelly Ave SW, Atlanta, GA 30310, USA.
- Wed Apr 21, 7:00pm. Assistant Services Committee Meeting. By video: meet.google.com/rbh-ptwd-efj. By phone: +1 515-599-7285 password 480291570. This committee makes recommendations to the NPU about:
- all matters related to special programs and services for senior citizens, including but not limited to housing and home repairs, financial assistance programs, and social services;
- all matters related to education, including but not limited to primary and secondary education, adult education, parent-teacher relationships, and after-school programs and activities;
- and all matters related to the youth of the NPU.
Ruby Simmons, Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thu Apr 22, 7:00pm. Cascade Ave Neighborhood Organization (CANO) (Online). Join Zoom Meeting https://zoom.us/j/97987226201 Meeting ID: 979 8722 6201 Call In 312-626-6799, access code, 97987226201#
- Sat Apr 24, 10:00am. OCCO Community Cleanup. The Rev. James Orange Park at Oakland City, 1305 Oakland Ln SW, Atlanta, GA 30310, USA. Contact Carissa Zedaker at email@example.com for more information.
- Sat Apr 24, 12:00am. Felicia Moore NPU-S Meet + Greet. Meet City Council President and candidate for Mayor Felicia Moore!
Meeting ID: 951 1637 2782
One tap mobile+13017158592,,95116372782#,,,,*806934# US
Dial in - your location +1 301 715 8592
Events held around, nearby, or affecting NPU S.:
- Tue Apr 20, 11:00am. Rapid Employment Initiative Career Fair. Please join the Urban League of Greater Atlanta for our virtual/online careerfairs every Tuesday @ 11 am.
These interactive virtual events allow jobseekers to meet in a virtual environment using chat rooms, teleconferencing,webcasts, webinars and/or email to exchange information about job openings.
PLEASE JOIN THE CALL WITH AN ELECTRONIC COPYOF YOUR RESUME AND/OR YOUR EMPLOYMENT HISTORY.
Registration at https://bit.ly/33tcckt
- Wed Apr 21, 7:00pm. NPU-I. Zoom - To join the remote meeting, click here. Dial-In: 301-715-8592, access code, 92613332610#. Meeting ID: 926 1333 2610 Passcode: 905252.
NPU I is comprised of the neighborhoods of:
- Audobon Forest
- Audobon Forest West
- Beecher Hills
- Cascade Heights
- Chalet Woods
- Collier Heights
- East Ardley Road
- Florida Heights
- Green Acres Valley
- Green Forest Acres
- Harland Terrace
- Horseshoe Community
- Ivan Hill
- Magnum Manor
- Peyton Forest
- West Manor
- Sun Apr 25, 3:00pm. Conversation: It's in the Action: Memories of a Nonviolent Warrior. The Baton Foundation, in partnership with the Auburn Avenue Research Library on African American Culture and History, is honored to host a conversation between author Steve Fiffer and Al Vivian about the life and work of his late father, Civil Rights Movement icon Dr. C. T. Vivian. This program is free to the public. You may register here.
City, County, State and other public meetings:
No events on calendarIf you have any local events that you'd like to see on the NPU-S calendar, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.Please be sure to include the date, time, and location of your event!