Coming up this week on the NPU-S calendar!
- Mon Apr 26 - Fri Apr 30. Recycling Collected. Due to COVID-19 labor shortages, the Department of Public Works will pick up recycling and yard trimmings on alternating weeks, recycling one week, yard trimmings the other. This week is recycling.
Garbage will continue to be picked up every week.
- Tue Apr 27, 6:30pm. Oakland City Community Organization (OCCO).
Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83039203137?pwd=TzlpVHppaHR2bEV1TlB3TWZMMzhsQT09
Meeting ID: 830 3920 3137
One tap mobile +13017158592,,83039203137#,,,,*30310#
Or dial: +1 301 715 8592
Enter Meeting ID: 830 3920 3137
Enter Passcode: 30310
- Wed Apr 28, 6:00pm. 1091 Tucker Avenue Information Session. Atlanta Land Trust is planning to construct a total of 36 townhomes which will include 2- and 3-bedroom units in five buildings. In the initial phase of construction, there will be six 2-bedroom units and three 3-bedroom units affordable to families earning less than 80% of the area median income. Construction of the first phase is expected to begin late summer.
This meeting is to share details on the unit sizes, sales prices, and homebuying process. You can register here in advance.
- Size, type, design and cost of homes available
- Qualifying to buy a home
- Navigating the homebuying process with ALT
- Resources available to help you purchase your home
- Construction timeline and anticipated move-in dates
Flyer at https://drive.google.com/file/d/10883nUmkRuBOI_9V8AKG1qLBVhFA3r6m/view
- Sat May 1, 11:00am. Friends of John A White - Park cleanup. John A White Outdoor Pool, 1101 Cascade Cir SW, Atlanta, GA 30311, USA.
Join Friends of John A. White park for a cleanup and meet & greet! Learn about upcoming projects in JAWP and how you can be part of the Friends of John A. White Park group!
For more information contact Dawn Brown at email@example.com
- Sat May 1, 1:00pm. Policy Committee meeting. This committee makes recommendations to the NPU about:
- all matters related to the citywide Atlanta Planning and Advisory Board;
- all matters related to the NPU's official policies and positions on internal, citywide, and regional issues;
- and all matters related to the relationship of the NPU with its neighboring NPUs, neighborhoods, and municipalities.
Morgan Cooper, Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Policy Committee meets every 1st Saturday at 1pm:
- Video: https://zoom.us/j/99641762467.
Meeting ID: 996 4176 2467
- Phone: 1 646 558 8656 US
Meeting ID: 996 4176 2467
(One tap mobile +16465588656,,99641762467# US)
Events held around, nearby, or affecting NPU S.:
- Mon Apr 26, 2:00pm. Rental Awareness Webinar. Urban League weekly webinar on tenancy responsibilities and obligations. HUD-certified counselors and financial coaches are on staff to provides comprehensive counseling services. Know your rights and options! Register at https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Q1HuJTSAQ8OcintiyH6tpA
- Tue Apr 27, 11:00am. Rapid Employment Initiative Career Fair. Please join the Urban League of Greater Atlanta for our virtual career fairs every Tuesday @ 11 am.
These interactive virtual events allow jobseekers to meet in a virtual environment using chat rooms, teleconferencing,webcasts, webinars and/or email to exchange information about job openings.
Please join the call with an electronic copy of your resume and/or your employment history.
Registration at https://bit.ly/33tcckt
- Wed Apr 28, 12:00am. Financial Focus Webinar. Urban League hosted "Lunch and Learn" on building a good credit history. Register at https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_e_qudpiITE6HFtTIg-moDA
- Fri Apr 30, 5:00pm. Financial Freedom Fridays. Urban League webinar focusing on budgeting, savings, and financial health. Build healthy financial habits and reach your financial goals. Register at https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_1XNxVoQYTG682ckOWVyyAQ
City, County, State and other public meetings:
- Wed Apr 28, 5:30pm. MILRA CES Meeting . Ft.McPherson, LRA Office, 1794 Walker Avenue.