Coming up this week on the NPU-S calendar!
- All week. Yard Trimmings Collected. Due to staffing shortages, yard trimmings will be collected every other week until further notice. This week, yard trimmings WILL be collected.
Trash and recycling are collected weekly as usual.
- Mon Aug 16, 6:00pm. Community Conversation: Proactive Zoning Proposal Z-21-73. Proposed rezoning Z-21-73 is a grab-bag of proposals designed to allow greater density in Atlanta, particularly around MARTA stations. Come join us as we take a deeper dive into this ordinance.
- Video: https://zoom.us/j/82707454471 Meeting ID: 827 0745 4471
- Phone: 312 626 6799 Meeting ID: 827 0745 4471
- Tue Aug 17, 7:00pm. Beecher-Donnelly community association meeting. 1191 Donnelly Ave SW, Atlanta, GA 30310, USA.
- Wed Aug 18, 6:00pm. Candidate Meet + Greet: Cleta Winslow (for City Council District 4).
- Meeting ID: 813 5842 2035
- Phone: (301) 715-8592
- Wed Aug 18, 7:00pm. Assistant Services Committee Meeting. This committee makes recommendations to the NPU about:
- all matters related to special programs and services for senior citizens, including but not limited to housing and home repairs, financial assistance programs, and social services;
- all matters related to education, including but not limited to primary and secondary education, adult education, parent-teacher relationships, and after-school programs and activities;
- and all matters related to the youth of the NPU.
Ruby Simmons, Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Assistant Services Committee meets every third Wednesday at 6:30 pm.
- Video: https://zoom.us/j/92130603409. Passcode: 964881 Meeting ID: 921 3060 3409.
- One tap mobile. +16465588656,,92130603409# US (New York)
- Phone: 1 646 558 8656 US (New York) Meeting ID: 921 3060 3409.
- Thu Aug 19, 7:00pm. NPU-S General Meeting. https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0udeCgqT8pEtycXQZ9s7Tk4_0J_73DZmQD. Our monthly community meeting! Find out what's happening in your neighborhood and let the City know what you think.
To attend over videoconferencing, you must register beforehand at https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0udeCgqT8pEtycXQZ9s7Tk4_0J_73DZmQD
Otherwise, you can call in at
Phone: (646) 558 8656
Meeting ID: 993 2987 4388
Supporting documents, including the agenda, can be found at http://bit.ly/NPUS-Meeting-Docs
- Sat Aug 21, 9:30am. Community Engagement Meeting - TD Jakes/Ft Mac. 1255 Thorne Ave, Atlanta, GA 30310, USA. Join TD Jakes Real Estate Ventures on August 21st from 9:30 to 11:30 AM to provide public input on the future development of the Fort Mac property at the Community Engagement Meeting. Bishop TD Jakes will be speaking at the conclusion of the event. For meeting updates visit: https://tdjrev-fortmac.web.app/.
- Sat Aug 21, 10:00am. Westridge-Sandtown Community Organization Meeting. By video: meet.google.com/oig-rtct-yhd. By phone: +1 747-202-2723 password 942081556. Covers the Westridge, Sandtown and Venetian Hills neighborhoods
- Sat Aug 21, 2:00pm. Bush Mountain Community Organization. West Oakland Missionary Baptist Church, 1025 Violet St SW, Atlanta, GA 30310, USA.
Join Zoom Meeting
+1 312 626 6799
Meeting ID: 891 6283 2077
Events held around, nearby, or affecting NPU S.:
- Mon Aug 16, 2:00pm. Rental Awareness Webinar. Urban League weekly webinar on tenancy responsibilities and obligations. HUD-certified counselors and financial coaches are on staff to provides comprehensive counseling services. Know your rights and options! Register at https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Q1HuJTSAQ8OcintiyH6tpA
- Wed Aug 18, 12:00am. Financial Focus Webinar. Urban League hosted "Lunch and Learn" on building a good credit history. Register at https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_e_qudpiITE6HFtTIg-moDA
- Wed Aug 18, 7:00pm. NPU-I. Zoom - To join the remote meeting, click here. Dial-In: 301-715-8592, access code, 92613332610#. Meeting ID: 926 1333 2610 Passcode: 905252.
NPU I is comprised of the neighborhoods of:
- Audobon Forest
- Audobon Forest West
- Beecher Hills
- Cascade Heights
- Chalet Woods
- Collier Heights
- East Ardley Road
- Florida Heights
- Green Acres Valley
- Green Forest Acres
- Harland Terrace
- Horseshoe Community
- Ivan Hill
- Magnum Manor
- Peyton Forest
- West Manor
- Fri Aug 20, 5:00pm. Financial Freedom Fridays. Urban League webinar focusing on budgeting, savings, and financial health. Build healthy financial habits and reach your financial goals. Register at https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_1XNxVoQYTG682ckOWVyyAQ
City, County, State and other public meetings:
- Sat Aug 21, 10:00am. APAB General meeting. Zoom, register at https://bit.ly/zoomapab