Coming up this week on the NPU-S calendar!
- Mon Aug 23, 0:00am. No Yard Trimmings Collected. Due to staffing shortages, yard trimmings will be collected every other week until further notice. This week, yard trimmings WILL NOT be collected.
Trash and recycling are collected weekly as usual.
- Tue Aug 24, 6:30pm. Oakland City Community Organization (OCCO).
Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83039203137
Meeting ID: 830 3920 3137
One tap mobile +13017158592,,83039203137#,,,,*30310#
Or dial: +1 301 715 8592
Enter Meeting ID: 830 3920 3137
Enter Passcode: 30310
Events held around, nearby, or affecting NPU S.:
- Mon Aug 23, 2:00pm. Rental Awareness Webinar. Urban League weekly webinar on tenancy responsibilities and obligations. HUD-certified counselors and financial coaches are on staff to provides comprehensive counseling services. Know your rights and options! Register at https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Q1HuJTSAQ8OcintiyH6tpA
- Mon Aug 23, 6:00pm. ACD Housing Public Meeting.
Join us on Monday 8/23 at 6p for a public engagement session on the zoning ordinances currently under review at NPUs throughout the city. The event will include a presentation on the content of the ordinances. After the presentation, attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions and provide feedback on the proposed changes to the zoning code.
The ordinances would amend the zoning code to allow more affordable housing opportunities in the city. Learn more about the ordinances and our Atlanta City Design: Housing initiative at www.atlcidydesign.com/acdhousingTo register:
- Mon Aug 23, 6:30pm. Candidate Forum - Atlanta District 4. Best End Brewing Company, 1036 White St SW, Atlanta, GA 30310, USA.
- Wed Aug 25, 12:00am. Financial Focus Webinar. Urban League hosted "Lunch and Learn" on building a good credit history. Register at https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_e_qudpiITE6HFtTIg-moDA
- Fri Aug 27, 5:00pm. Financial Freedom Fridays. Urban League webinar focusing on budgeting, savings, and financial health. Build healthy financial habits and reach your financial goals. Register at https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_1XNxVoQYTG682ckOWVyyAQ
- Sun Aug 29, 3:00pm. Lecture: Black Language Matters: The Role of Linguistics in Addressing Social and Racial Inequity. The Baton Foundation, in partnership with the Auburn Avenue Research Library on African American Culture and History, is excited to offer a lecture about language and social and racial inequity. This program is free to the public, but registration is required. You may register here.
City, County, State and other public meetings:
- Wed Aug 25, 5:30pm. MILRA CES Meeting . https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83974161223?pwd=SkF0d04wcHRReFB2MjQxYkNyMXNjUT09. Fort Mac LRA - Community Engagement Subcommittee Meeting (CES) - via Zoom 5:00 PM-7:00 PM 2021.06.23 Fort Mac LRA CES Meeting Notice 6.23.21 Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83974161223?pwd=SkF0d04wcHRReFB2MjQxYkNyMXNjUT09 Meeting ID: 839 7416 1223Passcode: 991479 One tap mobile+13017158592,83644249830# Publiccomment@fortmaclra.com