Coming up this week on the NPU-S calendar!
- Mon Mar 15 - Fri Mar 19. Recycling Collected. Due to COVID-19 labor shortages, the Department of Public Works will pick up recycling and yard trimmings on alternating weeks, recycling one week, yard trimmings the other. This week is recycling.
Garbage will continue to be picked up every week.
- Sun Mar 14, 4:45pm. Executive Committee meeting. By video: meet.google.com/hyk-sqxs-fya. By phone: +1 628-400-8610 password 455206767. This is the Executive Committee meeting. The Executive Committee guides the NPU and supervises the Officers; it is comprised of representatives from each neighborhood organization, the heads of the Standing Committees, and the Officers themselves.
- Wed Mar 17, 7:00pm. Assistant Services Committee Meeting. By video: meet.google.com/rbh-ptwd-efj. By phone: +1 515-599-7285 password 480291570. The Assistant Services Committee
- Thu Mar 18, 7:00pm. NPU-S General Meeting. By video: meet.google.com/rbh-ptwd-efj. By phone: +1 515-599-7285 password 480291570. Our monthly community meeting! Find out what's happening in your neighborhood and let the City know what you think. Please register beforehand at http://bit.ly/NPUS-Meeting-Register.
- Sat Mar 20, 10:00am. Westridge-Sandtown Community Organization Meeting. By video: meet.google.com/oig-rtct-yhd. By phone: +1 747-202-2723 password 942081556. Covers the Westridge, Sandtown and Venetian Hills neighborhoods
Events held around, nearby, or affecting NPU S:
- Tue Mar 16, 11:00am. Rapid Employment Initiative Career Fair. Please join the Urban League of Greater Atlanta for our virtual/online career fairs every Tuesday @ 11 am.
These interactive virtual events allow jobseekers to meet in a virtual environment using chat rooms, teleconferencing, webcasts, webinars and/or email to exchange information about job openings.
PLEASE JOIN THE CALL WITH AN ELECTRONIC COPYOF YOUR RESUME AND/OR YOUR EMPLOYMENT HISTORY.
Registration at https://bit.ly/33tcckt
- Wed Mar 17, 7:00pm. NPU-I. Zoom - To join the remote meeting, click here. Dial-In: 301-715-8592, access code, 92613332610#. Meeting ID: 926 1333 2610 Passcode: 905252.
NPU I is comprised of the neighborhoods of:
- Audobon Forest
- Audobon Forest West
- Beecher Hills
- Cascade Heights
- Chalet Woods
- Collier Heights
- East Ardley Road
- Florida Heights
- Green Acres Valley
- Green Forest Acres
- Harland Terrace
- Horseshoe Community
- Ivan Hill
- Magnum Manor
- Peyton Forest
- West Manor
City, County, State and other public meetings:
- Sat Mar 20, 10:00am. APAB General meeting. Zoom, register at https://bit.ly/zoomapab